Friday, December 25, 2009

Take Cover Crimson


With so many people hustling and bustling by this holiday season, I begin to wonder what I really wanted for Christmas. For some its a new pair of shiny shoes or a getaway excursion to their favorite place in the world, for me its very simple...I just want happiness. No amount of money can cure this missing link in my life. It's quite easy to fool people by plastering a smile on your face everyday, appearing lighthearted and easy but inside I am in search of better days. I ask myself constantly how I can cure this sourpuss mood i'm in and yet I'm clueless. Many people say that the key to happiness in life begins with yourself but when you feel so complacent in the world it's difficult to even structure or think of your future happiness when your the one who is down. The silver lining in my emotional frenzy is that I am not going through this alone. In fact, there are plenty of people I know and don't know who are at a constant war to find their happiness. Some people's happiness continues to be stolen from them everyday at "work." Everyday someone is walking home with not only a cardboard box of their office, but they are also toting pink slips with the lines blurred by these words "We regret to inform you..." Gosh....I just don't know what's to come of this life. I know better days are coming but for now I will go back to flashing smiles for the crowd.


Signed,


Take Cover Crimson

1 comment:

  1. WOW! There is definitely power in these words. I can understand where you are coming from. I appreciate your writing and it is nice to know that there is someone that can relate to some of the things I struggle with on a daily basis. As you stated, it is certainly difficult to continue to portray this happy facade when deep down inside you are yearning for better days. However I try to just remain patient and know that things will get better. Seek the Lord, although that may sound cliché I do find that when I speak to him, I feel better.

    ReplyDelete