Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The silent treatment...


There is nothing worse than being in a relationship and you text your significant other then....they don't send anything back. Hmmm? Sounds really shady right? Although you try not to jump to conclusions, you can't help but wonder what that silence REALLY means. Well, I've decided to narrow down some options on what it COULD possibly mean but at the end of the day it depends on the person and it depends on what you text them in the first place. Silence after your text could mean:

A) They glimpsed at the text but they are in a situation that doesn't permit them to respond at the moment.

B) They disregard your text on purpose because they find it not to be an URGENCY ...even though you thought it was urgent enough to require an immediate response!

C) They don't know how to respond so until they figure it out, the text will continue to go unanswered.

D) They are on the PHONE (my fav..not!).

E) THEY JUST DON'T GIVE TWO SUGAR HONEY ICE TEAS ABOUT IT!

The best way to keep your head together in the situation is not to take it too seriously. If you feel like you need to have a serious talk with your significant other, then announce on the text that you all need to set up a time to talk. Don't start going off in a tangent in text mode, that's NO BUENO. Now if you notice that they continue to not acknowledge your text messages, then you may want to consider distancing yourself from that person. I feel like at the end of the day you can't make anyone do anything for you, they have to WANT to do it. So if that person wants to respond to you they will otherwise tell them to "kick rocks!" maybe they will find that to be more amusing? (scratching my head)

2 comments:

  1. Hm... Umma need you to calm down! telling your boo to kick rocks b/c of it? what happened to asking if they like texting? I text more than anything but I know to ask people if they do.. b/c some folks feel it's disrespectful (women) and that you're trying to lower their value... I think their pastors told them that or something.. Makes no sense to me! lol

    And why's being on the phone not your favorite.. isn't that legit?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer texting but if I am trying to engage you in a text convo and your not really participating...then it can be quite annoying...I don't know... I have never been an "on the phone" type girl. Maybe I should try to incorporate "on the phone" convos more...(sigh)

    ReplyDelete