Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Children on LEASHES??? WTF!!!



I will never ever EVER ever understand why adults think it is perfectly acceptable to place their young children on leashes! Let me first just say I not a parent so I probably shouldn't even be bringing this topic up but...it's my blog so I say what I want! (:p) Anyway, I think putting your child on a leash is one of the most demeaning things you could place on your child in public. Why people why? Your child is not an animal, your child is not a toy-your child is a HUMAN and deserves to be treated as such in public.

It baffles me that someone in their right mind really thought the creation of a human leash would be okay to strap around their child. From what I observed (recently) it looks like people use these leashes to keep their child close (like a person does with a dog) but PARENTS, if you can't control you child without a leash then I question your parenting. Seriously! I said it! Why aren't you able to keep up with your child in public? Why do you feel like you can only control them in public with a leash? Did holding your child's hand go out of style? I just don't get it *scratches head.* You (the adult) look like an idiot or like you don't have control over your child, so QUIT IT! The warmer it gets outside, it seems like I see more children on leashes and it is so not cool. You know when you put your kids on leashes, it just confuses them to act like an animal in public. I'm just saying...lay off with the leashes and maybe your child will behavior better in public. THE END.

4 comments:

  1. Being a parent I understand why...but I can't say I agree or do it myself. Kids drive parents crazy. They get into things, run into people, basically they act kids. Kids are curious..kids get into things, they want to run around and be crazy. This is what they do! And some parents cannot handle that. There were times where I am thinking "your driving me crazy! Is it illegal to hand cuff you to your stroller?" *I am being sarcastic...sort of* So again..I understand why but I still don't agree. I would rather my kids be kids. But it is how you as a parent handle it and limit it. Example climb a tree..do NOT climb a neatly stacked tower o' soup! If you don't do your job as a parent to teach them that different then you will end up one of those parents who put a leash on their child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well put Melissa! And your right kids are going to be kids but it is up to the parent to teach them to have some self control. This is why parenting is such a huge responsibility. I admire parents...I really do because it's not easy being one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother used a 'leash' on me, and I personally think it's a good idea. It allows a child who can walk but isn't the most steady to be able to walk while out in public, but it makes it harder for them to fall over, and means they can't just toddle off. I wasn't on reins for long, but they taught me from an early age to walk close to my mother. I never misbehaved in public - my mother used it simply as a method to allow me some freedom while still being able to get on with tasks like food shopping. I think it makes sense to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Emma Thank you for sharing your comment. I never knew someone who was raised by using a leash before and you make some valid points. To each is own I guess :)

    ReplyDelete