Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Zero Day Project..are you in?

bucket list

As some of you may know (and those of you that don't..pay attention thank you hehe!) I have been trying to compile and complete a bucket list. At first, I thought having one bucket list would suffice for my entire lifespan but then I started thinking about it and that's too difficult. Then, I came up with the idea of having "seasonal bucket list" (one for each season out of the year) and again, this was difficult to accomplish (clearly I didn't complete my summer list smh).

So I was extra excited the other night to discover on the 20SB hot topic forum that there was a discussion about "The Zero Day Project." Essentially, it shares similar purposes as the ordinary bucket list concept except it pushes you to complete 100 things in 1001 days. Sounds easy right? One thousand and one days is roughly 2.73 years to complete all 100 things which is pretty doable when you think about it. Now it may sound easy to complete but it also requires that you set realistic and descriptive things to do within that time frame. For example, instead of saying "you want to travel out of the country," you say "I want to travel to Italy." It sounds like an exciting challenge and I think I'm going to try it!

The Zero Day Project even has a section on their website that gives you ideas AND the coolest part is you can see what others have chosen to do as well. You can even see a list of the most popular items people have chosen to do as well. The site is pretty interactive with its users so you can see what others are doing or share experiences through their site but most of all you walk away feeling accomplished when you have completed something.

Wish me luck and I hope this post inspires someone else to try it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment