The best gifts are given from the heart. So here is list of suggestions:
1) 0-3 Months: Honeymoon phase -Everything just seems so “sweet,” so “right” and so “cute” during this phase of your relationship. It’s best to keep things simple but not to simple where there is no thought involved.
- For Her: Favorite fragrance/ gift set, a gift certificate to her favorite nail/hair salon (pampering gifts always win!), new pair of shoes,
- For Him: Favorite cologne/gift set, a gift card to a sporting goods store, new pair of shoes, new leather wallet
2) 4-7 Months: Over the Hump phase- This can be an awkward time for most couples because either you’ve had a couple close calls of calling it quits and/or you’ve been together long enough to at least say you have better knowledge of what you’ve gotten yourself into.
- For Her: A dinner or brunch cruise, tickets to favorite concert/band, local weekend getaway, gift card to favorite clothing store
- For Him: A dinner or brunch cruise, tickets to favorite a concert/band, local weekend getaway, gift card to favorite clothing store
3) 8-11 Months: Tried and True phase- Simply put, you both been tested but realize the true meaning of being together--LOVE.
- For Her: Weekend getaway (winery, beach trip or ski trip etc.), jewelry (stick to a necklace and/or earrings), tickets to a Broadway show/play/ballet/concert/band
- For Him: Weekend getaway (winery, beach trip or ski trip etc.), tickets to a favorite sporting event, tickets to a favorite concert/band
4) 12+ Months: Unbreakable phase- You’ve had highs and lows and yet, you’ve stood the test of time. It’s only right to spoil each other at this phase. Who knows, this could be the path to forever? Timeless pieces and memories are the best gifts here!
- For Her: Romantic vacation with fun excursions, if you are old fashioned, a promise ring if appropriate, other jewelry picks would be a bracelet or necklace, pet?
- For Him: A nice watch, romantic vacation with fun excursions, other jewelry/accessory picks engraved cuff links, bracelet or necklace, maybe a pet?