Monday, November 25, 2013

I think I’m addicted to traveling

Travel

There is something about going to an airport or hopping a train that makes me feel so alive. Even when I’m running on less than five hours of sleep, I still feel invigorated, excited and refreshed during my traveling adventures. Perhaps it’s the journalist in me but I’ve always been fond of story-telling (and no I'm not referring to lying! I don't like liars!). With traveling comes an adventure, interactions and an experience which all weave together a STORY! From the food to the fashion, it's just a grateful experience to soak up!

In my lifetime so far, I’ve been or seen almost half of the US and I've been to four countries! I really want to take my traveling up a few notches because I truly believe some of the most beautiful places to see are outside of your comfort zone. 

What excites me more about traveling is knowing that I have friends and loved ones who too cherish exploration. I may not have been to a lot of places but I am growing a little international souvenir collection from various places such as Morocco, Ghana, China, Mexico, Jamaica, Prague and more! 

Anyone else love traveling as much as I do? 

To feed your travel interest, I recently read a cool piece on CNN about what a 24-hours day is like at the world's busiest airport, Atlanta-Hartsfield Jackson Airport in Atlanta, GA. I use to live in ATL so I know that airport all to well (and the city is my 2nd home!) but I had no idea how much "behind scenes" activity took place during a full day. Enjoy! It left me inspired to think about my next trip!!  

Photo Courtesy of Flickr.com/ By Cuba Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment