Friday, March 28, 2014

Solo Traveling...Get Into It!

Passport Page with stamps

  I love reading travel articles! There is so much inspiration that comes with a picture from an exotic place and I for one, have been craving for some adventure. Lately, I've been reading quite a few articles about the importance of using your twenties to just "explore." Often times, we find ourselves professionally and personally stagnate these years because we are trying to figure out who we are as individuals. However, we don't seem to dedicate enough time to really pushes ourselves out of our comfort zone.

It's human nature to struggle with moving beyond your comfort zone but it's necessary for growth! The best way to challenge yourself is to try traveling alone. Yes, alone, especially to a foreign country! I read in this article that traveling alone is a great way to get to really know yourself. When you begin to submerge yourself with the uncomfortable,this is where you begin to recognize your true self. It's a great time for personal reflection and clarity that you wouldn't normally achieve among a group.

These articles have left me super inspired! For the most part, I usually travel alone whether it's for work or for pleasure but I've been bitten by the international bug repeatedly that it just make sense now that I focus on this more (plus I've already seen most of the "cool" parts of the US before). Furthermore, my friends are scattered around the country (some overseas) so it's been forcing me to travel alone for years. I actually started traveling by myself since the age of 11 or 12 so this normal behavior for me.

Got any ideas of international places to travel alone?

P.S. I definitely see myself living and working overseas very soon! I'm excited!!!

Photo Courtesy of Flickr.com/By Jason Smart

2 comments:

  1. i tried solo travelling this year for the first time. i had travelled alone before but always met up with people at the destinations. this year it was all alone and it was fantastic! not to mention that it has provided a lot of writing material for my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!! I've got to try this because I know it will be rewarding experience. Whoo hoo Where did you go if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete