Thursday, November 6, 2014

#NaBloPoMo: Do you consider yourself a "professional" blogger?

11/6-Prompt: Do you consider yourself a "professional" blogger? Why or why not? What does that mean to you?

I do consider myself a professional blogger; however, I still have a day job by choice because a girl has to pay the bills (and I really love to work on multiple things at once). However, if I had more time to focus on my blog, then I would like to learn more about how I can get more blogging for my BUCK! I believe the title of “professional blogger” is a well-respected profession now days because I’ve seen so many bloggers transform their lives from typing behind the screen to being in front of the screen better yet, the camera. Bloggers today are becoming published authors, blog/TV correspondents, guest speakers at major events or experts in their trades even being tapped to be brand ambassadors or private consultants for major Fortune 500 companies.

While I've been blogging, I've had some pretty cool partnership/sponsorship opportunities come my way as well!  I’ve had the pleasure of once being a “SkinFirst” Ambassador for Eucerin Skincare products. A local PR agency in Washington, D.C. reached out to me about their client, Eucerin at the time and found my blog as they were looking for bloggers to help host giveaways of their products and educate the importance of skincare during the chilly season. This opportunity led me to meet some of their corporate liaisons in DC at a special gathering that benefited women’s breast cancer awareness (Eucerin was a corporate sponsor of this event).

I’m always looking for new and exciting opportunities to grow myself professionally but more importantly to build my brand. Feel free to email me at thelipstickmemoir@gmail.com if you’d like to work together on a project!

No comments:

Post a Comment