Thursday, November 20, 2014

#NaBloPoMo: Do you have a book in you?


                  NaBloPoMo November 2014
Prompt: Do you have a book in you? Fact or fiction? Related to your blog or totally different?

I believe we all have a book inside of us and for me, it is in someways aligned with my blog. Without giving away too much detail, my book is centered around getting to know yourself in your 20's (which was the original purpose of my blog). I'm still not out of this age range yet so there is still room for growth;however, I've seen and experienced enough to say that this has truly been one of the hardest decades of my life. I do feel like this decade can make or break you and it sets the tone of how your life will be lived for years to come. By far, the world we live in today has made the transition from teen-hood to adulthood challenging to get through because it's a competitive world out there. Everyone is out here for self and it's rare that you get support nowadays!

This book would totally be a non-fiction book because while I do believe a lot of 20-something issues are discussed or published, where is the remedy to these issues? It's safe to say that most of us took the college or trade school route to better ourselves; however, we haven't reaped the fruits of our labors, just debt, debt and more debt. For those who jumped directly into the work force, many are finding themselves ill prepared and frustrated of not being taken seriously because they may lack the education or credentials they need to excel in their careers. It's a vicious cycle that many millennials face everyday so it's hard sometimes to remain encouraged in a society where a looming cloud of defeat trails you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment