Tuesday, September 21, 2010

To be significant or to be successful?

Lately, I have been doing a lot of thinking...like A LOT of thinking about my life and what really is important to me. I often find myself having the typical "life chats" with friends, you know the chats about goals & aspirations etc. but it never really seems to clear my mind...in fact I think I end up more CONFUSED. I hear people say all the time, "I just want to be successful" (and no I am not referring to the Drake & Trey Songz track) but is being "successful" really all you care to achieve? Is success ultimately determined by your monetary stance or your possession of power? Hmmm...if that's what success is about...then I DON'T WANT IT. Don't get me wrong...money is nice and power is cool but I want MORE.
I guess you could say I'm more of "significant" type girl. I want to make a difference, I want to leave a legacy, I want to make the world a better place ( I really do!), I want to combat world issues and I ultimately want more people to give a rats behind about their actions! Yeah I said it....if success is determined by the amount of money you have, the type of car you drive, the type of power you have, the house you own or the type of job you have then....YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL! I want to be significant! If I could help save a life (even if it is just one life) then to me, NO amount of money could even replace how I am feeling. Money can buy you a lot of things but it can't buy you significance! What would you rather be: significant or successful?

No comments:

Post a Comment