Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Feeling pink? PSA of the month...


I love the month of October for many reasons but by far I love the month of October because it is filled with lots of "pink" reminders! For as long as I can remember, I have always been committed to the fight against breast cancer in some form or fashion. Whether it is partaking in the local walks against it, writing articles about it (Click link --> HERE) or just simply wearing ribbons for the cause has always been instilled in my brain. I remember participating in walks with my mom or with local clubs/organizations that also supported the cause but until something happened to me a few years ago.

I knew someone that died of breast cancer. WE always think that it could never happen to us or to anyone we know but it happened to ME!!! Since that experience, I haven't quite looked at the month of October the same. It pains my heart to know that many women suffer from this disease especially women of color and most of us are in denial about it existence. I can't stress it enough....if you or you know someone at risk PLEASE encourage them to go to the doctor. Early detection is ALWAYS the best detection and KNOWING the truth is ALWAYS better than NOT KNOWING! Encourage a friend today and continue to spread the message of Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
P.S. I hope you are wearing your pink ribbons everywhere you go :)
*Check out the clip below from my Lipstick TUBE by Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure...the facts are alarming but REAL!


No comments:

Post a Comment