Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Question:What is changing in your life right now?




The thing(s) that are changing in my life (besides the seasons) right now is my friends. As I get older, I have noticed more and more the importance about the quality of friends then the quantity. Many times people have these two items misconstrued and believe that the more friends they have determines their acceptance, their popularity and in some cases defines the person (dead wrong). Out of my 20-something years of life, I realize that it's okay if some friendships don't work out because some people only last for a season, others only last for a reason and only a couple last a lifetime. Yeah, I know it sounds a little cliche' but anybody that REALLY knows me knows that I have always been a very guarded person and I struggle with letting people in. It's nothing personal but its just a defense mechanism that has always worked for me *shrugs.* I know who my TRUE friends and I thank my lucky stars everyday for their presences because they mean a lot to me. Anyhoo, I have really embraced this change in my life (even thought it was difficult to accept it) but I know it's a WIN-WIN situation in the end. The best is yet to come for my circle and I...





No comments:

Post a Comment