Thursday, August 29, 2013

Celebrating the Dream

Yesterday marked the 50th Anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I have a Dream" speech which was uttered on the Mall of Washington, DC. The energy in the DC area has been positive and uplifting. In a time where so much uncertainty exists in our world, it is nice to see people of all shapes, size, colors come together in unity, peace and love. There is still a lot of work to be done but I'm confident we'll get there...one day. It won't be easy and it certainly won't come without sacrifices but the end result will be well worth it. 

How are you carrying on the "dream"? What steps are you taking to make your dreams come to pass? A part of my dream is to be a writer. When I started this blog it was for mere entertainment but over the years, I've found that while I maybe a blog in a sea of blogs out there, mine stands out because it's me. I keep writing because I do believe that people do enjoy what I have to say (random thoughts and all) and if my blog impacts someone's life (just one) then I already feel accomplished in meeting this dream. There are so many dreams I want to accomplish in life but this dream I believe is going to take me somewhere and I know that it will impact lives for the better in the process. 

Thank you, Dr. King. Know that your dream lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment