Saturday, August 17, 2013

Why I will miss "The Real"


I absolutely loved the day-time talk show "The Real" on FOX and I'm sad to see it go! If you didn't know, the show consisted of five celebrity women: the sultry R&B songtress, Tamar Braxton; the talented actress, Tamera Mowry-Housley; the beautiful comedienne Loni Love; the fashion expert, Jeannie Mai and the sensational actress and singer-songwriter, Adrienne Bailon!

"The Real" brought this amazing powerhouse of women together to share their perspectives on life as they know it. From love/relationships to hot trends to even a fun segment I loved "Twitter Dares," the show brought out the best in each of these women and while they are celebrities, they know how to just keep it "real" on life topics.

As a young 20-something, it's nice to see women come together from all walks life and just have that girl time to chit-chat about life. This show captured me because I could for once actually relate to a day-time talk show that spoke to me and my interests/thoughts. As women, we don't have enough positive representation on TV and it's awesome to see women empower one another and not be catty. The producers of this show certainly got the personality formula correct when they brought these women together and you can see that a real sisterhood quickly formed in the process.

I believe this show was only running in a pilot season but I truly hope they return to our airwaves soon. I salute you women and thanks for keeping it real! Xo


No comments:

Post a Comment