As an avid viewer of this amazing show, here are some lesson-learned that I've taken away:
- Common sense isn't common
- Being "catfish'd" doesn't make you a victim, it makes you smarter
- NEVER trust anyone or for that matter, don't even trust what they say if they aren't willing to video chat with you at least once.
- If they live less than an hour away and STILL aren't willing to meet up, they probably aren't REAL.
- Women lie, men lie and so do photos!
- Giving money and/or gifts to someone you have never met before is just absurd and more than likely, you know you could use that money for more important things like YOUR BILLS.
- "Love is a battlefield." Pat Benatar knew something when she sang this song.
- If you are talking/dating/or in a relationship with someone for years and never met them, it's disrespectful to you, your time and your emotions. Yeah it's just inconsiderate and selfish.
- HOW CAN YOU BE ENGAGED TO SOMEONE YOU NEVER MET???? I'm still trying to understand this...help! *spins around in chair*
- Accountability goes both ways...
- Don't ignore the red flags but DO listen to your intuition/gut feeling...it's probably right about something "fishy" going on
- There is always other fish in the sea...
If you never watched "Catfish", you MUST! It's a great show and pretty entertaining too. "Catfish" airs on MTV but check your local listings for time information.