Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Something on My Heart

I never said I was a perfect person nor do I want to be (I don't need extra pressure...thanks!). In fact, I can openly admit that I'm not always the greatest person to myself or others but I'm really not here to make this post a pity party. Instead, I'd like to think of it as me opening up my heart for a moment to just accept what I cannot change and learn from my mistakes. My pride at times gets the best of me (headstrong Capricorn here) and sometimes it has a tendency to clutter my thoughts, my actions and even my choices in life. Because I am aware of this issue, it's times like these where I feel the need to come clean for my own sanity and tonight, I had a break through!

It's true what they say, you never know what you had until it's gone! However, if it's meant to be then it will find it's way back to you. In particular, when you've met someone or built a friendship with someone who has tugged on one of your heart strings, it's hard to forget those types of people. In fact, it is said you should work very hard to maintain that relationship. However, it can be challenging at times when someone you care about becomes influenced by others around them (without them knowing most of the time) or lost in sauce of life but somehow you have to fight for those relationships. Even if you have to put a little distance between you and the other person, it's okay to just love on them from a far.

One thing I've learned is people may forget what you said, people may forget what you did but they will never EVER forget how you made them FEEL! This has got to be one of the truest lessons I've learned so far in my adulthood. The only way you can make a sour relationship sweet again is by taking that first step to reverse how you made that person feel (and this takes time!).

No one said life would be easy! Everyday that we wake up is a new opportunity to set the record straight. As long as you make the time, then anything is possible. Life is short y'all, so choose to LIVE ALWAYS!  Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment