Monday, March 24, 2014

Why First Impressions Matter

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.-Maya Angelou
I love great quotes but this one by renowned poet and author, Maya Angelo, strikes a huge chord with me. Anytime I meet a new person for the first time, I give them a chance to get to know them. Based on that first meeting, it sets the tone of where things go from here. If the introduction was a fail, then 9 times out of 10 that's a wrap for me but if it was ok, then we'll proceed accordingly.

At the end of the day, I've got to stay true to myself at all times and it wouldn't be genuine of me to pursue a relationship with someone if I didn't feel right about it. I CAN be cordial to anyone even float in the same airspace too but it doesn't mean I have to associate myself with them. Sorry not sorry!

First impressions are everything from the workplace to social life to the dating world. You can hit or miss in a matter of minutes so it's imperative you make the first time count. Even if things didn't go over well the first time, second chances are possible but I'll stick to Ms. Angelou's wisdom.

How important are first impressions to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment